Meet Katharine | Pradaxa® Patient Profiles | Boehringer Ingelheim
- 69 years old
- Enjoys tai chi with her friends
- Taking warfarin for nonvalvular atrial
fibrillation (NVAF) but is tired of lab visits
How will you counsel
Katharine on alternatives to
Katharine will thank you for switching
her to Pradaxa®
With Pradaxa®, you can also offer Katharine the reassurance of immediate
reversibility with Praxbind® in the event of an emergency.
Not head-to-head studies; real-world, observational analyses.
In the EU, the licensed doses for Pradaxa® are 150 mg BID and 110 mg BID for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in adult patients with NVAF.
In the United States, the licensed doses for Pradaxa® are 150 mg BID and 75 mg BID for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in adult patients with NVAF.
How to switch Katharine from warfarin
If Katharine ever needs it, Praxbind® provides the reassurance of specific, immediate, and complete reversal of Pradaxa®
Dual indication—for life-threatening or uncontrolled bleeding and emergency surgery/urgent procedures6
Specific binding allows for immediate and complete reversal of Pradaxa® with no procoagulant effects6
Easy to use—1 ready-to-use dose for ALL Pradaxa® patients6
Widely available—8,300+ sites in 48 countries7
- 1. Graham DJ et al. Circulation. 2015;131(2):157-164.
- 2. Larsen TB et al. BMJ. 2016;353:i3189.
- 3. Villines TC et al. Thromb Haemost. 2015;114(6):1290-1298.
- 4. Lin I et al. Poster presented at: European Society of Cardiology Congress; August 29-September 2, 2015; London, UK.
- 5. Pradaxa® (dabigatran etexilate) Summary of Product Characteristics. 2017.
- 6. Praxbind® (idarucizumab) Summary of Product Characteristics. 2018.
- 7. Data on file. Boehringer Ingelheim.